Assists in driving Sourcing and Procurement as member or the internal team. Performs analysis and research to identify spend data trends; convert analysis into an action plan to support procurement processes. Processes may include assist in the creation of purchase requisitions and purchase orders, vendor spend analysis, RFx, financial risk assessments, tax and insurance requirement reviews, compliance initiatives or ad-hoc requests. Extensive interaction with internal business units expected, to identify problems, analyze information, and develop and implement solutions consistent with our business strategies.
* Bachelor's degree preferred or four years of additional supply management experience, with demonstrated leadership
Type of Degree or Major Area of Study:
* Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Construction
Type of Experience Required:
* Minimum 2 years of general experience in utilities industry preferred * At least 3 years of experience in procurement or comparable valuable experience from other areas such as, construction and materials management
* Capable of managing variety of supplier relationships
* Ability to work across a cross-functional site and organization * Strong communication skills, oral and written * Excellent computer skills with ability to work in diverse applications * Strong Procure-to-Pay (P2P) experience; Workday preferred. * Valid Diver Licenses * Microsoft Office Suite Proficient - specifically Excel
* Clearly, communicate project specs and requirements to potential vendors, and coordinate with them regarding project follow-up, timelines, troubleshooting, communication of terms & agreements, standards and testing requirements * Manage the long-term relationships with selected key strategic suppliers to form deep, mutually benefiting partner relationships and understanding * Facilitate communication among suppliers to ensure relationships are delivering their ongoing and intended (optimal) value; supplier diversity * Help drive contract negotiation and management, including drafting agreements according to standard or non-standard services in conjunction with contract team; reviewing counter changes from counter party and approving or rejecting with input from Legal; and securing approval from appropriate signatories before validating and publishing * Updates, verifies and publishes contract content in the Contract Management Systems (CMS) and serves as a source of knowledge regarding company contracts policy, templates, and procedures * Support purchasing terms compliance, including providing necessary contract guidelines * Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels
The competencies listed apply to all employees in the organization and are characteristics, traits and behaviors that all highly successful employees will demonstrate. Everyone has an opportunity to shape the culture of SJI by leading through their behaviors. SJI is known as an innovative company with a results-oriented culture that cares about people. This is why leadership matters.
* Identifies and seizes opportunities * Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times * Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
* Meets expectations and requirements of internal and external customers * Earns customers' trust and respect and establishes good customer relationships * Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
* Seeks first to understand then to be understood * Chooses the right places, times, and approaches to interact with individuals and groups * Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people at all levels
* Seeks to understand different perspectives and cultures * Contributes to a work climate that values and supports differences * Ensures that different experiences, styles, backgrounds, and perspectives are leveraged appropriately
* Values learning, change and seeks situations to increase one's knowledge * Continually looks for ways to expand technical, functional and/or leaderships capabilities * Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Explore the Possibilities
If you're looking to make an impact, South Jersey Industries is the perfect place. For interns, college graduates, or experienced professionals, at South Jersey Industries we look for enthusiastic, talented professionals at every level of our enterprise. From call center representatives with excellent people skills to engineers with the vision and expertise to design tomorrow's energy infrastructure, we know that our people fuel our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for every facet of our business. Explore the possibilities. You'll be sure to find an opportunity that piques your interest.
* We are committed to developing and implementing innovative projects that increase energy efficiency and save clients money * We provide an opportunity to build a successful and rewarding career in a variety of functional business areas * We foster individual talents and abilities while promoting the value of teamwork * Our culture prepares you for a lifetime of learning and professional development